Sunday 24 November 2013

Books in the Post - 'All the Books!' Edition

Because sometimes you wait for one book to arrive and then they all show up at once. And they are all books that I want to read; I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in over the next few weeks.
Before we get started on those though, here are some books that turned up literally minutes after I posted last week,


While I won't be reading 'The Arrows of Time' (I didn't even know there were two books before it...) I will very much be reading 'Last Call' (because I just want to finish a book by Tim Powers, everyone else has) and 'The Falling Woman' (Fantasy Masterwork, enough said).
And here's the rest...


It would appear that right now, I'm just after reading about men hitting other men (and monsters) with big swords :o) Someone on Twitter said something about this being down to the nights drawing in and I think she's right. If other blogs are to be believed (and I trust them) there's some good reading to be had here. I'll let you know how that goes.


I already mentioned 'The TIme Traveller's Almanac' yesterday and will be picking more stories, from it, to write about over the next few days and weeks. I finished 'The Language of Dying' about ten minutes ago and will try and get a review up tomorrow. All I'll say for now is that it's incredibly powerful stuff and cured me of a minor urge to start smoking again. 'The Desert of Souls' has come my way before but I think now is the right time for me to finally give it a shot (the 'reading burnout' headaches are a thing of the past).
And 'Seven Sorcerers', the final book in a series that it appeared I was only person who actually liked. I've still got 'Seven Kings' to read but this one is definitely on the radar.

All of this, of course, comes after I've finished 'The Copper Promise' and maybe a couple of others. We'll see about those. What are you reading and what did you think of 'Doctor Who' last night? I'd tell you what I thought but iplayer is messing me around on both my phone and the computer. Thanks a lot iplayer...

See you guys tomorrow ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment