Saturday 19 July 2014

'I like the look of that!' (Another Occasional Series...) - 'Two Hundred and Twenty One Baker Streets' - Edited by David Thomas Moore (Solaris)

I've been too busy sheltering from the heat, and keeping the two littl'uns cool, to get any reading done today but I did see this on Amazon (not too hot for some online shopping...) and thought I'd share if you haven't seen it already.

You can't go wrong with a bit of 'Sherlock' these days and Solaris have taken this one step further (as they like to do) to give us a collection of tales of the great detective the likes of which I'll bet you haven't seen before. Check it out,


The world's most famous detective, as you've never seen him before! A dozen established and up-and-coming authors invite you to view Doyle s greatest creation through a decidedly cracked lens. Read about Holmes and Watson through time and space, as they tackle a witch-trial in seventeenth century Scotland, bandy words with Andy Warhol in 1970s New York, travel the Wild Frontier in the Old West, solve future crimes in a world of robots and even cross paths with a young Elvis Presley... Set to include stories by Kasey Lansdale, Guy Adams, Jamie Wyman, J E Cohen, Gini Koch, Glen Mehn, Kelly Hale, Kaaron Warren, Emma Newman and more.

I could never get into the original stories as a kid (I wonder what I'd think of them now...?) but this sounds like it could be a lot of fun. It won't be around until October though so there's a little waiting to do yet...
Will you be reading it? Are you in possession of an advance copy and reading it already? Tell me, tell me now! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment