Thursday 19 September 2013

Table of Contents for George R.R. Martin & Gardner Dozois' 'Old Mars'

I've been out of the loop for a little while and completely forgot about this book until it landed on my doorstep yesterday. I was saying, the other day, that this blog hasn't had enough spaceships on it yet. Well, this spaceship should go a long way towards making up for that...


Old school 'pulp' rocketships win every time :o) And look at the strange Martian city in the distance...

'Old Mars' is a book that I'm looking forward to dipping in and out of, over the next few weeks, as I don't have the time to read a whole anthology in one sitting (which reminds me, I still have 'Fearsome Journeys' to finish off at some point, it's awesome by the way). If you haven't seen the Table of Contents yet have a look now...

'Martian Blood' (Allen M. Steele)
'The Ugly Duckling' (Matthew Hughes)
'The Wreck Of The Mars Adventure' (David D. Levine)
'Swords of Zar-tu-kan' (S.M. Stirling)
'Shoals' (Mary Rosenblum)
'In The Tombs of the Martian Kings' (Mike Resnick)
'Out Of Scarlight' (Liz Williams)
'The Dead Sea-Bottom Scrolls' (Howard Waldrop)
'A Man Without Honor' (James S.A. Corey)
'Written In Dust' (Melinda Snodgrass)
'The Lost Canal' (Michael Moorcock)
'The Sunstone' (Phyllis Eisenstein)
'King Of The Cheap Romance' (Joe R. Lansdale)
'Mariner' (Chris Roberson)
'The Queen Of Night’s Aria' (Ian Mcdonald)

A whole load of intriguing titles here :o) Out of the list, I would have to say that I'm looking forward to reading 'The Lost Canal' most (for obvious reasons) but I'm also keen to read 'In The Tombs of the Martian Kings' (Resnick writes great space opera) and 'King of the Cheap Romance' (just to see what Lansdale does with the 'Old Mars' setting). I'll let you know how it all goes here.

How about you? Any titles here that catch your eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment