Wednesday 11 September 2013

Cover Art! 'Marauder' - Gary Gibson

Because the 'Black Company Re-Read' is kicking my behind at the moment (hello deadline, nice to see you again...) and I don't have anything chunkier to post right now. Bear with me a little bit on that one?
Also, spaceships :o) I love spaceships and we don't see enough of them here, especially ones that like to pose against a sun and make me want to watch 'Babylon 5' all over again. Check this baby out...


I always look at pictures like these and find myself wondering why I don't read more sci-fi... 'Marauder' is a stand alone book so, once I've got the last three books of the 'Black Company Re-Read' out of the way, I'd like to give it a go. Here's the blurb...

Megan has a mission. But must she sacrifice herself to save a world? Pilot Megan Jacinth has three goals, and they all seem unattainable. She must find her friend Bash, who she’d left for dead to save her own life. Then she needs Bash’s unique skill-set to locate an ancient space-faring entity. Lastly she must use this Wanderer’s knowledge to save human-occupied worlds from an alien incursion. The odds seem impossible, but the threat is terrifyingly real. Megan finds Bash, but the person she’d known and loved is a husk of his former self. Bash is also held captive by her greatest enemy: Gregor Tarrant. Tarrant wants the Wanderer too, even more than he wants her life, with motives less pure than her own. And he’s close to finding Megan’s most closely-guarded secret. A race across space to reach the Wanderer seems Megan’s best option. But this entity is also known as the Marauder, and is far from benign. The price for its secrets may be just too high. Megan should know, as she still bears the scars from their last encounter … 

Has anyone else here read anything by Gary Gibson? I haven't so would love to know what you think... Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment