Saturday 12 October 2013

The 'Really Excited' Book Haul Post

One day I will eventually get round to making this a weekly post rather than what is starting to feel like every other day... I'm particularly excited about these books though and I think they all deserve a post of their own. Check out what came through the door yesterday :o)


Welcome back Fantasy Masterworks! I have been so excited about the prospect of the Fantasy Masterworks series kicking off again, both in terms of the new books that will be published and the rumours I heard that certain of the old Masterworks will feature in this new series. I'm really hoping that they do re-release some of the older books as the prices on Amazon 'New and Used' are a little prohibitive for me. 'The Dragon Griaule' is the one I'm most looking forward to reading here although 'AEgypt' looks pretty intriguing as well.


I've been trying to track down the 'Jerry Cornelius' books second hand (with some success) and now I don't need to anymore :o) The 'Jerry Cornelius' books are the only 'Eternal Champion' books that I haven't read so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in.
I still need to finish 'Ecko Rising' but what I have read has already got me looking forward to picking up 'Ecko Burning' (later rather than sooner but that's the way it goes). Any of these books take your fancy?

And now I'm off to carry on reading Aaron Dembski-Bowden's 'Betrayer', which is excellent, even though I should be reading 'Soldiers Live'. What? It's the weekend :o)

1 comment:

  1. The Fantasy Masterworks looks great - Aegypt is the one I'd be tagging for an immediate read.

    Congrats on Jerry Cornelius! He's not my favorite Eternal Champion - a bit too sci-fi, whereas I enjoyed the fantasy stylings of Elric, Corum, and Erekrose - but still a great read.

    ReplyDelete