Saturday 26 October 2013

Some Books That Followed Me Home...

That actually sounds a creepier than how it went in real life (i.e. a review copy and a little birthday shopping the other day) but poetic licence and all that ;o)
This week was a quiet week for books but, given just how many I got rid of the other week, that's just how I like it right now. It gives me a little time to actually concentrate on what's on the shelves rather than what just appeared on the doorstep (and there are a lot of books on my shelves that I really want to get into). Anyway, check out the picture,


I am possibly the only person who won't be reading 'The Last Dark' as I've only read two of the preceding eight books... I did sneak a quick look at the end though, don't ask me why...
Birthday shopping meant that I was able to bend the rules a little and treat myself to another 'Fantasy Masterwork' (with a couple more on their way from Amazon). The closest I've come to Vance's 'Dying Earth' setting was through George R.R. Martin's anthology so I'm looking forward to getting back to the source as it were (and I'll have loads more reading time now I'm commuting again). 'The Queen of Air and Darkness' was a freebie (from 'Any Amount of Books') that I picked up because I haven't read a lot of Poul Anderson's work, just 'The Broken Sword', and I'd like to read more. It looks to be a little more 'sci-fi' and it looks like a very quick read. Once I've finished 'The Iron Wolves' I might pick that one up next.

That's me for today, I've got a few bits and pieces to take care of before work on Monday (like learning how to iron shirts again...) See you all soon and have a great weekend ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment