Monday 14 October 2013

Cover Art! 'The Copper Promise' (Jen Williams)

I am totally stealing this from Geek Syndicate, I hope they don't mind too much... Anyway, check this cover out,


Doesn't it look great? I love the way the cityscape fools you into thinking it's a historical novel and and then... Bam! You realise there's a dirty great dragon hovering overhead. I'm particularly keen to get stuck into 'The Copper Promise' as I read the original e-book (way back in the day) and read the book again when it was on submission at Hodder. I'm really keen to see how it has ended up. I let you know once I've read it, in the meantime have some blurb,

There are some far-fetched rumours about the caverns beneath the Citadel…
Some say the mages left their most dangerous secrets hidden there; others, that great riches are hidden there; even that gods have been imprisoned in its darkest depths.
For Lord Frith, the caverns hold the key to his vengeance. Against all the odds, he has survived torture and lived to see his home and his family taken from him … and now someone is going to pay. For Wydrin of Crosshaven and her faithful companion, Sir Sebastian Caverson, a quest to the Citadel looks like just another job. There’s the promise of gold and adventure. Who knows, they might even have a decent tale or two once they’re done.


But sometimes there is truth in rumour.
Soon this reckless trio will be the last line of defence against a hungry, restless terror that wants to tear the world apart. And they’re not even getting paid.

Remember yesterday when I said that I want to be excited about books? Well, this has got me pretty excited :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment