Saturday 26 April 2014

Cover Art! 'Fearsome Magics' (Edited by Jonathan Strahan)

Every so often, I'm mooching through other people's blogs and think to myself, "wow, I want to blog about that!" Thanks to Gav and No Cloaks Allowed then for pointing me in the direction of the cover art and TOC for the latest  New Solaris Book of Fantasy. I enjoyed the absolute hell out of 'Fearsome Journeys' (well, the bits that I read) so I'm looking forward to reading this new anthology already. It will be published in October this year just in case you were wondering.
But anyway... Have some cover art,


Very much along the same lines as 'Fearsome Journeys' then which is definitely a good thing. Don't waste your time trying to fix something that isn't broke after all. I reckon it will look just great sat next to its older brother on my shelf.
As far as the TOC goes...

  • Introduction, Jonathan Strahan
  • The Dun Letter, Christopher Rowe
  • Home is the Haunter (A Sir Hereward and Mr Fitz story), Garth Nix
  • Grigori’s Solution, Isobelle Carmody
  • Dream London Hospital, Tony Ballantyne
  • Safe House, K J Parker
  • Hey Presto!, Ellen Klages
  • The Changeling, James Bradley
  • Migration, Karin Tidbeck
  • On Skybolt Mountain, Justina Robson
  • Where Our Edges Lie, Nina Kiriki Hoffman
  • Devil’s Bridge, Frances Hardinge
  • The Nursery Corner, Kaaron Warren
  • Aberration, Genevieve Valentine
  • Ice in the Bedroom, Robert Shearman
You know what? Out of all these authors I think I've only read K.J. Parker and Nina Kiriki Hoffman so 'Fearsome Magics' automatically becomes a book full of potential where anything could happen. I like that in a book so I will definitely be picking it up. How about you, do any of those authors jump out as 'must read'?

No comments:

Post a Comment