Sunday 16 February 2014

The 'They don't make covers like this anymore...' Cover Art Post - 'The Anvil of Ice' (Michael Scott Rohan)

The 'Winter of the World' re-read is officially on (way past time really...) and what better way to whet the appetite than with Ian Miller's absolutely drop dead gorgeous cover art for 'The Anvil of Ice'. I have no idea how cover art rights work but I've always thought that SF Gateway missed a trick when they went with a plain yellow cover (for the 'Anvil of Ice' ebook) rather than this...


Isn't that gorgeous? That's the kind of intricate detail where you wouldn't be surprised if the cover art took as long to draw as the book did to write. Not only that but it makes me want to visit that city, under the mountain, all over again and walk those battlements. So that's exactly what I'm going to do :o)

There's no real schedule here (every other week or so for each book) so joining me in this endeavour could be problematic, sorry about that. I would thoroughly recommend picking these books up though as they are great reads. Come back in a week (or so) and I'll start telling you why...

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! They don't make them like that anymore, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an 'Art of Ian Miller' book coming out soon and I must have it! :o)

    ReplyDelete