Tuesday 8 April 2014

Some Nice Looking Cover Art...

Foyles have opened a shop in Waterloo station and not before time either. With the number of trains that I seem to miss from that station, a bookshop is a much better alternative than standing around looking like someone who missed the train again. Whilst having a browse this morning (I missed this train as I had to dig a dead fish out from behind the tank, seriously…) this cover leapt out and grabbed my attention. Simple really is best sometimes, iconic imagery on a plain white background.


The Blitz is at its height. As the Luftwaffe bomb London, Cody McBride, ex-pat American private eye, sees a sinister silver sphere crash-land. He glimpses something emerging from within. The military dismiss his account of events - the sphere must be a new German secret weapon that has malfunctioned in some way. What else could it be?
Arriving amid the chaos, the Doctor and Ace embark on a trail that brings them face to face with hidden Nazi agents, and encounter some very old enemies.

An eye catching cover and blurb that looks like the story could be a good one (although that just could be the sign of a well written blurb to be fair…); it’s the perfect combination and I’ll be searching out a copy for myself.

For the next cover, all I’ll say is that when I saw it my first thought was that Georgie Denborough had finally got his revenge on Pennywise. Fair play to the little guy ;o) Oh yeah, not a bad looking cover either; I can’t quite put my finger on it but the cover reminds me of something (not a fairground full of monsters before you ask!)


Dark Horse is proud to bring you this masterwork of terror from such incredible creative talents as Terry Dowling, Priya Sharma, Dennis Danvers, and Nick Mamatas, featuring cover artwork by E. M. Gist (The Strain, Creepy)!

A washed-up wrestler goes toe to toe with a strange new foe. A young lad’s eleventh birthday heralds the arrival of his bizarre new entourage. A suicidal diva just can’t seem to die. All of these queer marvels and more can be found at the Nightmare Carnival!


No comments:

Post a Comment