Friday 10 January 2014

Cover Art: 'The Cormorant' - Chuck Wendig (Angry Robot Books)

Because there's never a bad time to show off Joey Hi-Fi cover art and there's never a bad time to talk up Chuck Wendig (not that I need to, his books do that all by themselves). Go on, have a look...



Miriam is on the road again, having transitioned from “thief”… to “killer”.
Hired by a wealthy businessman, she heads down to Florida to practice the one thing she’s good at. But in her vision she sees her client die by another’s hand – and on the wall, written in blood, is a message just for Miriam.
She’s expected…

I've said all this before but that was on the other blog so I can get away with saying it again :o) I love what Joey Hi-Fi has done with the 'Miriam Black' books. If you weren't planning on reading the actual books (that would be a BIG mistake by the way, read all of the books) you could get a real sense of the story just by looking at what he has drawn. I think it's safe to say that when I grow up, I want to be Joey Hi-Fi :o)

As far as the book itself goes, lets just say that I've got a review copy on the way and that I've got all my fingers crossed for it to be there when I get home tonight. Stuff everything else, I just want to sit down with a beer and read about all the crazy shit that Miriam Black gets herself into. If you do the same thing, I can pretty much guarantee a great night's reading. 'The Cormorant' has been out for a few days I think, anyone here read it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment