Friday 6 September 2013

Cover Art! 'The Casebook of Newbury and Hobbes' (Titan Books)

Because I was turned down for both of the jobs that I interviewed for, this week, and am feeling a little bit low and sorry for myself. No reviews today then but you do get a very intricate and pretty looking book cover for 'The Casebook of Newbury and Hobbes'. Go on, have a look...


A collection of short stories detailing the supernatural steampunk adventures of detective duo, Sir Maurice Newbury and Miss Veronica Hobbes in dark and dangerous Victorian London. Along with Chief Inspector Bainbridge, Newbury & Hobbes will face plague revenants, murderous peers, mechanical beasts, tentacled leviathans, reanimated pygmies, and an encounter with Sherlock Holmes.

Say what you like about the morality of Steampunk (yes Mr Stross I'm looking at you, I don't agree with what you say either) but it always comes wrapped in gorgeous looking covers like these. I've got to admit that I wasn't too keen on 'The Affinity Bridge' when I read it, back in 2010, but any book that promises reanimated pygmies will automatically pique my interest :o)

I won't be tackling this book in one go, this one will be more about taking each short story at a time and giving it it's very own post. There are fifteen short stories here so this could very become a bit of a feature on the blog. Let's see how it goes shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment